Why Indonesian left his job to travel (some part of) the world?

Why Indonesian left his job to travel (some part of) the world?

First of all, please introduce my self too you, the reader. I am Toro, Indonesian traveler. Do Indonesia travel the world a lot? I can't say yes but I do that. 
I started this trip from Indonesia (Riau) then continued to West Sumatra, then South Sulawesi, Yogyakarta, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Thailand, Cambodia, heading north Vietnam, Laos, returning south again, Thailand, then flying to Myanmar instead instead of taking the road to get there, back to Thailand, heading south (Phuket), penetrating the Malaysian border land route to Penang Island before going to Kuala Lumpur and returning to Indonesia because of visa requirements in Jakarta, taking flights to India, breaking through land border to Nepal, before taking a flight to Bali to continue to the last country, Japan.
This route does seem to be ineffective because I have returned to Indonesia many times, but due to the need to return for visa and promo tickets that I have bought well in advance with departure and return from Indonesia, then I have to do this. This road trip is my dream from a long time ago, many traveler acquaintances (mostly outsiders), as well as writers who inspired me to do this. In my opinion, overland journeys allow me to see more about the world, not just the tourist attractions, but people and culture because I love that and that's my goal, different from traveling with those that focus on the use of airplane modes that it is more effective and comfortable, but it does not allow me to get that goal.
However, I have to wait several years to have the capital, knowledge, and courage to make this happen independently. So finally, in mid January 2018 I resigned well from where I worked and executed this plan. A long-term trip like this is commonly called an overseas gap, people usually do it because of many things, from recreational purposes, to seeing the world, finding their self, volunteering outside their country (usually people from developed countries and high social lives) ), to heal themselves from the trauma that they think cannot be cured if they stay in their old place (have seen the movie Eat, Pray, Love right? Yes, that's how it is). Even though, it was my trip because it was only 4 months so it couldn't be called a gap year, so I forced to use the gap months term (whether it's true or not the terminology).
The impression I got from this trip was all kinds of things. Starting from sweet, sour, salty, to bitter (sick, poisoned, cheated / hit by a scam even though it's not life threatening). Even so, I have never regretted this decision, even though I had to leave the dream job that I started from more than 5 years ago. I always thought, that youth was a privilege that would not be able to be recovered, so I said to myself I must now also execute this old plan before later I will return to normal life like the community in general (having a family, continuing descent , re-career or start a business, serve the country, etc.).

Comments